- $ <$15 / person
- $$ <$25 / person
- $$$ <$50 / person
- $$Mari's Warm family style Japanese restaurant.
- $$Sushi Na Ra The best sushi in the capital district, in out opinion.
- $Ta Ke Authentic Korean cuisine, bi bim bap and ja jiang mien highly recommended.
- $Thai Bistro Great curries and Thai iced tea, smaller portions
- $$$Marché American/French cuisine in classic elegant setting and delicious local ingredients, superb service
- $$Tai Pan Best for dim sum on weekend mornings.
- $Shining Rainbow Newly opened authentic Chinese, the best Chinese food in Albany we've found.
- $Hong Kong Bakery Best for Chinese style snack, dessert, noodle soup, and bubble tea.
- $Clinton's Ditch - Irish bar, great sweet potato fries, large beer selection, Schenectady.
- $Pinhead Susan's - Irish bar, great sweet potato fries, large beer selection, Schenectady.
- Mahar's - Serious beer here, 28 beers on tap changed daily, 6 casks of real ale. It's not a place for food but really unique.
- $$$The Wine Bar - Top quality wine and food in Lark street district.
- $$Albany Pump Station - Brews their own beer in heart of Albany, great to enjoy before or after Aquaduck tour
- $$$ToscaFrench inspired restaurant with top notch chef, located in Troy, we had our engagement dinner here!
- $$Emperor'sBest Cantonese food in Albany, authentic Hong Kong style
- $Route 7 DinerGreat place for a hot breakfast
- $$The Ripe TomatoThe best home grown tomato, ingredients are key, great to stop by on your way back from Lake George or Saratoga Springs.
- $Ravenous - The best crepes, sweet or savory? That is the question. It will leave you asking for more!
- El Mariachi - best mexican food in Albany
- Yono's - Upscale Indonesian and French cruisine.
- $$The Stockade Inn - good place to get a Sunday brunch buffet.
Places we've heard is good, but never tried. Let us know what you think if you have been there!